Our August Twitter chat is happening on Sunday 7th Aug at 8.30pm Sydney time (click here to see the time where you are).
The winning topic, voted for by the #AusELT community, was reflective practice.
This topic was suggested after there was a lot on interest in a post on the #AusELT Facebook page recently about using teacher post-lesson reflections effectively. As this is a familiar concept to most of us from pre-service training and in-service observations, perhaps we can use this as as a jumping off point. Some questions we could consider here are:
- Is this useful? Why?
- Could we do it better? How?
- Is RP really a skill that can be developed?
- How can practising teachers, trainers and managers also benefit from RP?
- What are some problems or obstacles to effective RP?
- What are some useful ways to ‘operationalise’ it for individuals or institutions?
Looking forward to discussing these questions or any others you care to bring with you on Sunday.
If you are new to Twitter, please come along, we are a friendly bunch (send a tweet to me @sophiakhan4 and I’ll look out for you!)
You might also be interested in these posts:
E-see you on Sunday!
This post by @sophiakhan4