Ok, so you know you had that New Year’s Resolution to do something different with PD in 2016? (Of course you do!) How about writing for the #AusELT blog?
This could be a good way to spread your wings a little bit if:
- you have done something great in your classroom/school lately and want to share it
- you have had something not go so well that you’d like to reflect on and discuss
- you simply have thoughts on an issue related to English language teaching and learning that you’d like to start a discussion on
- you have done a presentation or workshop recently that you’d like to share more widely
- you are thinking of setting up a professional blog of your own
- you are thinking of writing for the English Australia Journal or another ELT publication
Blog posts are generally around 500-1000 words, and can be written as if you were speaking to a friend or colleague. You can include ideas for further reading if you like, and/or end by adding a question to readers.
Here are some examples of things #AusELT members have written about previously:
You can see that it is pretty varied! Write what you know – or don’t know but would like to explore – it’s all food for thought for the rest of us 🙂
If you are interested, leave a comment below, or contact any of the admin team on Facebook, contact me on Twitter or send an email here. Thanks for reading – now start writing!
This post by @sophiakhan4